Thor:Ragnarok was one of the most anticipated movies of the Fall and now it’s coming to Blu-ray and DVD. See Thor and Hulk go against another and come together to battle in a race against time with villainess Hela (Cate Blanchett) in the way.
- Director’s Introduction
- Deleted/Extended Scenes – Deleted Scenes: The Sorcerer Supreme, Skurge Finds Heimdall & Hulk Chases Thor Through Sakaar and Extended Scenes: Thor Meets the Grandmaster, Stupid Avenger vs. Tiny Avenger & Grandmaster and Topaz
- Gag Reel – Watch a collection of goofs, gaffes and pratfalls starring the cast
- Exclusive Short/Team Darryl – Fresh off being unseated as the ruler of Sakaar, the Grandmaster makes his way to Earth to start a new life. It’s been over a year since Thor left Australia and Darryl has been struggling to pay his rent. Now Darryl needs a new roommate to help make the monthly payments. Unfortunately for Darryl, the Grandmaster was the only one who answered Darryl’s “Roommate Needed” ad and with no viable options, the Grandmaster moves in.
- Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years – The Evolution of Heroes – Marvel’s universe is vast and transcends both time and space. We’ll examine the Cinematic Universe as a whole and revisit each of our heroes’ current location and their place in the current MCU timeline, as it all leads up to the one culminating event: “Avengers: Infinity War.”
- Getting in Touch with Your Inner Thor – “Thor: Ragnarok” director Taika Waititi has brought his unique sensibility and sense of humor to the film in a great many ways but it is the evolution of Thor’s own sense of humor, which stands out the most in the new film. This piece explores the impact Chris Hemsworth has made on the development of his widely-loved character and celebrates the mighty cast and crew who reveal the fun and hard work that went into assembling Thor’s eccentric counterparts.
- Unstoppable Women: Hela & Valkyrie – This piece explores the strong female characters in “Thor: Ragnarok,” their importance in the MCU, their incredible casting and their epic comic origins.
- Finding Korg – A tongue-in-cheek interview with Taika on casting Korg. He describes the difficult search for just the right evolution of the character design, and the nuances of this instantly classic character in the MCU. This conversation will also delve into all the extraordinary visual effects that brought Korg, Sakaar and the worlds of “Thor: Ragnarok” to life.
- Sakaar: On the Edge of the Known and Unknown – Sakaar is the collection point for all lost and unloved things. This documentary will answer all known and unknown questions while also exploring the hard work and creativity that went into creating the look and feel of Sakaar. From design inspired by Jack Kirby’s classic artwork to the dedication of the visual development team to the awe-inspiring physical and digital production, you will see this distant world come alive.
- Journey into Mystery – A deep dive story piece with the writers, director and producer Kevin Feige about the inspirations for “Thor: Ragnarok” within the comics. Most notably, the contest of champions limited series where the Grandmaster pitted our favorite heroes against one another as he does in the film. This piece also further explores Thor’s comic book origins and classic arcs through interviews with some of the most important comic creators, such as Walt Simonson and Jack Kirby.
- 8bit Scenes – Final Bridge Battle + Sakaar Spaceship Battle. Dive into these climactic sequences presented in retro video-game format.
- Directors Commentary
- Evolution of Thor and Hulk’s Bromance – We’ll examine this Super Hero friendship, which has spanned through several Marvel films. From their original Helicarrier fight match to the now iconic Hulk punch from Avengers 1, see how Marvel’s most powerful Super Heroes become the most extraordinary Super Hero buddies.
- Additional Deleted Scenes – Travel to Asgard & Race To The Wormhole
Thor:Ragnarok will be available digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere on Feb. 20. It will also release in 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand on March 6.
While Tyrese and Dwayne Johnson are feuding on social media. I’ll gladly have a suitable replacement, that being, Overdrive. Starring Scott Eastwood and Ana de Armas, this octane fueled thrill ride arrives on Blu-ray and DVD on November 7, 2017.
The trailer looks awesome. Stacked with action and car chases. Two of my current personal favorites in de Armas and Eastwood. I’m excited about this one, are you?
Overdrive will release on Blu-ray & DVD on November 7
From the man who wrote the hit American Sniper, comes Thank You For Your Service, a film starring Miles Teller, Haley Bennett and Amy Schumer, about U.S. soldiers returning from Iraq, who are struggling fitting in back with society and civilian life.
Active-duty servicemembers and U.S. veterans will be able to see a free screening preview of the film at participating AMC Theaters on October 26. Check out the following details below for more information:
On Thursday, October 26th at 7:00PM, Universal and AMC will grant the first 25 servicemembers access to see THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE for free at participating AMC Theatres.
10,000 free tickets will be presented to U.S. veterans and active-duty servicemembers for DreamWorks Pictures’ Thank You for Your Service—at more than 400 AMC locations nationwide. Each of the first 25 servicemembers (per location) with valid, government-issued ID who request a ticket will be given one free admission to the 7:00 p.m.preview screening.
For additional information you can visit www.ThankYouForYourService.com
The trailer for the upcoming Syfy Films Realive is out and here is the first look at it.
REALIVE was written and directed by Mateo Gil (Vanilla Sky original film Abre Los Ojos, The Sea Inside) and features a talented cast including Tom Hughes (About Time, London Town), Charlotte Le Bon (The Walk, The Hundred-Foot Journey), Oona Chaplin (Taboo, “Game of Thrones”) and Barry Ward (The Fall, The Journey).
This trailer has me very intrigued. It answers the question that frequently comes up when we think about the medical and technological advances, would you freeze your body if to preserve a longer future life? The Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence recent film Passengers sort of touched on that topic. The visuals looks crisp in this film, the topic is interesting and the plot looks compelling. I didn’t have this film on my radar, but this trailer certainly has me anticipating the release.
The brand new poster and upcoming release date for Brawl in Cell Block 99 was announced. The film stars Vince Vaughn, Jennifer Carpenter and Don Johnson. Here is the synopsis and look at the poster.
Synopsis: A former boxer named Bradley loses his job as an auto mechanic, and his troubled marriage is about to expire. At this crossroads in his life, he feels that he has no better option than to work for an old buddy as a drug courier. This vocation improves his situation until the terrible day that he finds himself in a gunfight between a group of police officers and his own ruthless allies. When the smoke clears, Bradley is badly hurt and thrown in prison, where his enemies force him to commit acts of violence that turn the place into a savage battleground.
Brawl in Cell Block 99 will release in theaters on October 6 and On Demand & Digital HD on October 13, 2017
For more, you can follow me on Twitter @TheJimAlexander
The Steve Martin and John Candy comedy classic Planes, Trains and Automobiles is coming to Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD for its 30th Anniversary release on October 10. This is a true classic and a personal Thanksgiving Holiday classic. I’m excited for the special features.
Blu-ray Special Features:
- Retrospective on John Hughes’ career that includes interviews with those who worked with him and explores his indelible impact as a writer and filmmaker
- “Getting There is Half the Fun: The Story of Planes, Trains And Automobiles”
- “John Hughes For Adults”
- A tribute to John Candy
- Deleted scene
Planes, Trains and Automobiles 30th Anniversary releases on October 10 on Blu-ray Combo Pack & DVD
So the one big movie of the summer I missed seeing is Transformers: The Last Knight. I won’t have to wait much longer as it was just announced that the film will be coming to 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on September 26. If you want to catch it earlier, you can see it on Digital HD on September 12.
I’m looking forward to seeing those special features on the Blu-ray:
- Merging Mythologies – Explore the secret TRANSFORMERS history
- Climbing the Ranks – Military training
- The Royal Treatment: Transformers in the UK
- Motors and Magic
- Alien Landscape: Cybertron
- One More Giant Effin’ Movie