The last week of March offers a variety of movie choices for various genres and interests. A big name headliner film and some smaller lesser known solid movies.
STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI:
We all asked for more Luke Skywalker and in The Last Jedi we get him! Where The Force Awakens focused on Rey and Fin, we only got a brief glimpse of Luke, but not this time around. The Last Jedi leaves off the events of Force Awakens and we see the fallout of Rey’s encounter with Luke. He’s living a peaceful existence but Rey wants to bring him back to the fold and reunite him with Princess Leia. There are multiple interesting storylines taking place in the film and relationships explored. The most intriguing one being that between Rey and Kylo Ren.
The same great special effects and action is in the film that you’ve gotten used to from Star Wars. It’s surreal to see the past, present and future characters of the franchise uniting in The Last Jedi. It’s almost like an all-star squad of Star Wars greats. Last Jedi is fun, exciting and satisfactory. It’s a must-see, especially to see Luke’s fate decided.
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is out now on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD, Digital HD and Movies Anywhere