The second week of May gets “freed” in many shades. Ok, so hopefully you get my hint there. This weeks offerings include two re-releases, a Spanish comedy and that erotic romance.
FIFTY SHADES FREED:
The final movie in the Fifty Shades trilogy bows out on a high note. In Freed, Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele are newlyweds. Everything is ideal in paradise, until troubles and people from the past arise. If you liked the previous two movies, this one shares the same look, tone and style of the previous ones. Personally, I’ve enjoyed the series. You see a bit of a different side of Grey and Steele in this movie. They are more settled into each other. There is more of a romantic aspect between them also.
As the trilogy comes to a close, you have to look at these films as a success. They made a ton of money at the box office, and by a ton I mean close to a billion dollars worldwide. It also served the core audience. When we look back now, I can say that they did a solid job with the casting of Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan. Not many actors would have taken the risks both actors have taken in this franchise, especially in Johnson’s case. Check out to see how it all ends, even if you read the book.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:
- An Intimate Conversation with EL James and Eric Johnson – A casual conversation between EL and Eric discussing the film, favorite moments, themes, etc.
- Music Videos
- “For You (Fifty Shades Freed)” – Liam Payne & Rita Ora
- “Capital Letters” – Hailee Steinfeld & BloodPop®
- “Heaven” – Julia Michaels
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY, DVD & DIGITAL:
- Deleted Scene
- The Final Climax – Fans can follow not only Ana and Christian, but also both new and familiar characters behind-the-scenes throughout their journey of Fifty Shades Freed
- The Wedding: Take a closer look at the beautiful wedding scene with the production and costume designers – from the breathtaking venue, gorgeous gown and the custom-designed floral arrangements
- Honeymoon: Travel along with the newlyweds and soak up the sun in the gorgeous French Riviera. Discover the challenge production faced with accessing locations, and the search for the perfect honeymoon yacht
- Mr. & Mrs. Grey: After the wedding and the honeymoon, what is it really like to be married? Find out how life in the penthouse changes once Ana moves in
- Ana Takes Charge: Director James Foley and Costume Designer Shay Cunliffe explore Ana’s transformation and growth into a powerful businesswoman
- Ana & Mr. Hyde: Go behind the scenes and find out the secrets about what makes Jake Hyde tick
- Aspen in Whistler: Take a look at how the filmmakers and set decorator used Whistler, Vancouver as a stand-in for snowy Aspen, and discover the famous musician whose home was transformed into Christian’s mansion
- Ana’s Revelation: Ana and Christian face their biggest challenge yet. Author EL James takes us through the choice that Ana must make and how the couple’s power dynamic shifts
- Resolution: The final showdown between Ana and Jack brings the two face-to-face and Ana will do whatever it takes to protect Christian, his family, and her future
- The Meaning of Freed: The cast and filmmakers share what being FREED really means for both Ana and Christian
- Christian & Ana By Jamie & Dakota – Revisit the previous films and learn how both Ana and Christian have changed… and how both actors have lived through the experience