Must-See September Releases
September marks the end of summer and start of fall, and it’s also a prime time for movies. This September there is a fantastic slate of releases for home entertainment viewing through streaming, digital, Blu-ray and DVD.
Here is a look at the best of September.
The Avengers might have given up their fate, but Black Widow still gets her own story to tell. If you’re following the Marvel timelines, the events that transpire in Black Widow happened right after Civil War.
She might be Avenger-less, but Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) doesn’t come along for the ride alone. Joining her are Yelena Belova (Florence Pugh) and Alexei (David Harbour). Plenty of companions joining in on the fun and kicking-ass together.
The story is good, the action comes through, the acting is solid. There isn’t much to not like about this film. We have gotten so used to seeing The Avengers together, but Black Widow provides a fresh break from the all-star superhero team ups, all while giving the spotlight to one of the overlooked superheroes that paid her dues.
As if the movie wasn’t worth checking out, the bonus features are plentiful. Loaded with hours of bonus content. My personal favorite features were the “Bloopers” and “Cooking with Gas,” check them all out though.
Marvel Studios’ Black Widow Bonus Features:
- Bloopers – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Black Widow.
- Deleted Scenes
- Grocery Shopping – Natasha heads into a grocery store to prepare for her journey through Norway. After a long drive, she arrives at her destination: a mysterious trailer in the middle of nowhere.
- Bike Chase – Tailed by assailants, Natasha and Yelena speed through the city in order to escape their nemeses.
- Gulag Fight – Alexei squares up against several enemies and is quickly overpowered. When all hope seems lost, Natasha leaps in to lend a hand in the fight.
- Smile – The Taskmaster protocol is activated in a tense moment, and an iconic helmet is unveiled.
- Come After Me – Secretary Ross and Mason discover an important message Natasha left behind.
- Walk and Talk – Alexei and Melina have a playful exchange. The Taskmaster arrives and faces off with Alexei.
- Widows in Training – Yelena and Alexei awaken in captivity. Melina hands the Taskmaster vials while the Widows train.
- Kiss – Alexei and Melina reunite after the action. Natasha grieves over an untimely demise in the brutal aftermath.
- Ohio – Natasha witnesses the carefree nature of the Ohio suburbs through the neighborhood children.
- Filmmaker Introduction Featurette – Director Cate Shortland introduces the film and her vision for it.
- Sisters Gonna Work It Out Featurette – Watch Scarlett and Florence as they train, fight, and bond to become the sister duo in Black Widow. Listen as the cast and crew discuss the characters, rigorous training, and building the dynamic between the two fearsome siblings.
- Go Big If You’re Going Home Featurette – Step back to appreciate the size and scale of Black Widow’s solo film. Shot around the world, the film balances family and drama with mind-blowing action. The cast and crew reveal the intricacies of stunts that made the film so action-packed.
Marvel Studios’ Black Widow Lands Early on Digital August 10 and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray and DVD September 14