We are in the middle of August and there are some great Blu-ray, DVD and Digital releases this month. From Marvel’s finest uniting to a view of the lives of soldiers in battle. Here are some recent home entertainment releases you must see.
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR:
The biggest movie of the summer is finally available for you to consume at home. Infinity War is the biggest Avengers movie to date that brings together, literally, all of your favorite Marvel superheroes on one screen. This movie is truly epic. All of us who have dreamed of seeing The Guardians of the Galaxy come face-to-face with Thor, or see Dr. Strange and Iron Man banter will get to see these dream scenarios in this film.
Enter Thanos. The greatest and fiercest villain in the Marvel Universe is the enemy this super team of Avengers must overcome. Actually, Thanos is so cool and mighty that you kinda might even wanna root for him at times. In a sense this is HIS film. There is heavy investment in Thanos in the storyline.
Infinity offers a little bit of everything. Your favorite Marvel characters uniting, a high stakes plot, lots of great action and battle scenes and an added dose of the humor you are used to seeing in a Marvel film. This film is the total package, granted the ending might disappoint some. If you’ve already seen the movie, there is no reason not to see it again and pick up a copy for the hours of extra bonus features.
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Strange Alchemy (5:08)– Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time—and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34) – Explore the MCU’s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) – Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos’ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) – Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)
- Happy Knows Best (1:23) – Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding—until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) – On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) – As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00) – Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05)– Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
MARVEL’S AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR is out now on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital