It’s that time of year again, the 2021 TCM (Turner Classic Movies) is returning virtually again this year. There are a ton of festivals out there each year, but TCM is one of my favorites. This year’s fest has an amazing slate. Some of my favorite classic films are being featured at the 2021 TCM fest.
What makes this years fest unique is that it will have two virtual host locations. The TCM network, as well as the new addition of HBO Max, which will have a special TMC Hub on the streaming platform.
The opening night will be highlighted with the 60th anniversary celebration of West Side Story. One of the all-time greatest musicals. There will be exclusive interviews with the stars of the film Rita Moreno, George Chakiris and Russ Tamblyn. The screening will take place on Thursday, May 6 at 8 pm ET simultaneously on TCM and HBO Max.
Some of the other highlights of the festival include:
- The Masters collection on HBO Max, featuring interviews with directors Barry Levinson (Good Morning, Vietnam) and Barbara Kopple (Harlan County USA)
- Debbie Allen introduces Fame (1980) and sits down for an exclusive interview on TCM
- Michael Douglas introduces One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975) on HBO Max
- Jacqueline Bisset introduces Bullitt (1968) on TCM and on HBO Max
- The world broadcast premiere of Bill Morrison’s latest short film on TCM, let me come in (2021), featuring decayed film reels from the lost German silent film Pawns of Passion (1928) and co-presented by the Los Angeles Opera
- A tribute to iconic comedian Martin Short with Clifford (1994) and Innerspace (1987) on HBO Max
- SF Sketchfest Presents a table read of Ed Wood’s Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959) on TCM, adapted by comedian Dana Gould and featuring Maria Bamford, Bobcat Goldthwait, Oscar Nuñez, Laraine Newman, Bob Odenkirk, David Koechner, Janet Varney, Jonah Ray, Paul F. Tompkins, Gary Anthony Williams, Baron Vaughn, Deborah Baker Jr. and Kat Aagesen
Fans will also be able to engage with the Festival at live virtual events and experiences throughout the weekend including:
- The return of fan favorite Meet TCM panel where network execs share insight into the network, how programming is scheduled and produced, and a preview of upcoming events and series, will be live on Wednesday, May 5
- Club TCM, a staple at the in-person Festival, is going virtual this year. Fans can join on Zoom to hear from TCM hosts and festival talent, learn something new, and share their love of classic movies with fellow fans
- Live Tweets and Instagram Lives with Festival talent and hosts – follow along with #TCMFF
- The official TCM Classic Film Festival Boutique featuring limited-edition merchandise such as a new host pin set, mugs, t-shirts, popcorn salt, and more
WEST SIDE STORY Stars Russ Tamblyn and George Chakiris on Natalie Wood and the New Spielberg Reboot:
BULLITT star Jacqueline Bisset on Working with Steve McQueen & Surprise on the Film’s Iconic Status:
Turner Classic Movies Executives Discuss the TCM Festival 2021 and What Goes Into Creating a Fest:
TCM Hosts Jacqueline Stewart & Dave Karger Talk Classic Films, Hidden Gems and Future of Movies:
For more information, please visit http://filmfestival.tcm.com