This week must-see movie is a remake of a Disney classic. Mary Poppins is one of the all-time favorite musicals of many. The timeless songs and memories it has created has lived on for decades, but now we get a new live-action version of Mary Poppins. Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns is now available on Blu-ray and DVD, here is why you should see it.
DISNEY’S MARY POPPINS RETURNS:
There is no doubt that Mary Poppins Returns brings back all sorts of nostalgia feels. The costumes, colors and magical sing-along tunes are all in tune to deliver the best watching experience. A lot has changed in the world since the Mary Poppins movie from 1964 captured audiences, this version still brings back familiar songs and dance numbers, along with the characters we grew fond of.
Emily Blunt was the ideal choice to play Mary Poppins. Her grace and presence transforms her into a Mary Poppins we can all connect and believe in. Lin-Manuel Miranda is Jack the lamplighter, pretty savvy casting there also.
The colors in the movie are bright and alluring. Every scene just “pops” in colorful bliss. The costumes and sets are mesmerizing.
The songs are abundant throughout the film and will stick with you after you’re done watching. Trust me on that.
Ultimately, this is a perfect family film. Kids, parents and even grandparents can appreciate it for all the pretty sights and sounds. It will take your imagination on a journey through time.
BLU-RAY & 4K ULTRA HD BONUS FEATURES:
- Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
- The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary‘s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
- Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary PoppinsReturns” – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary‘s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
- Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Deleted Scenes
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns”
On Digital 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere March 12 and on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray March 19