If you don’t think Trolls are adorable and fun, I’m right here willing to debate that. The sequel to the highly successful Trolls is now available on 4K, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital. You have no reason NOT to see it. So what makes Trolls World Tour a successful sequel? Well, for starters, more awesome music, more dancing Trolls, more singing and even arguably more fun than the first one.
In World Tour all the favorites are back, including a lot more of fan favorite from the first one, Tiny Diamond. This time around the Troll kingdom isn’t threatened as much as the music kingdom is. The Trolls kingdom consists of six musical realms, those consist of Techno, Funk, Classical, Country, Pop and Rock. Once united all together, but now the Trolls live in only one of those realms.
Enter the unfriendly greedy Rocker Troll ruler to take away the music from everyone so that his kingdom can be the supreme one. Leave it to our heroes Poppy (Anna Kendrick) and Branch (Justin Timberlake) to save and preserve the songs they love.
This franchise has done a fantastic job of mixing up music genres and generations. It’s relatable to adults, teens and kids who can enjoy musical classics their parents love. I found the first Trolls to be a very inclusive film, and so is World Tour. The sing-along factor is as high as any notable musical in recent memory.
The colorful characters with distinct personalities are a major sell, but it’s the voices behind these little bundles of joy that stand out on the marquee. Kendrick, Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson and James Corden as just a few of many household names that lend their voices to the Troll characters. Some major star voice power.
There is little not to like about World Tour. You get all the elements you can ask for with the story, characters and songs that leaves little to be desired. Plus extra focus on Tiny Diamond! If there was any sort of small flaw, if I’m nitpicking, I’d say showcasing more characters more prominently. Trolls are falling into a territory similar to what the Smurfs were in. That being the vast amount of unique characters that were seldom utilized in favor of the handful of regular ones.
If you liked the first Trolls, you’ll love this one. I did. It’s fun, positive and high energy. All your favorites are back, plus some new ones. During quarantine we are craving for new movies as we spend significant time at home, World Tour is an ideal movie to connect with your loved ones you’re living with or even virtually. I had a virtual date where we both watched Trolls and discussed it after. It was a lot of fun.
Ultimately, the verdict is that these characters are so F’n lovable and likable that you can’t hate on them in any way. Watching them sing and dance makes me smile.
The special bonus features are loaded. So many good ones to choose from. I enjoyed the interactive dance themed features. “Trolls Dance Academy” is a compilation of “how-to-dance” numbers that include Waltz, Country, Funk, Reggaeton, KPop and Pop. Certainly several options to get you moving and in a groove.
The “Dance Party Mode” offers sing-along and dance options with interactive pop ups lead by Queen Poppy as she encourages the viewer to participate. It’s cool and fun, especially I’d imagine it be a hit with the kids.
There are many more options that give you a great insight to the world of Trolls. I’d encourage you to check them all out.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K Ultra HD, BLU-RAY, DVD and Digital:
- DANCE PARTY MODE – As Queen Poppy makes her way across the lands, this on-screen experience encourages the viewer to sing and dance along as they customize their own musical journey. With sing-along and dance elements, interactive pop ups and more, it’s sure to be a world of fun!
- TINY DIAMOND GOES BACK TO SCHOOL – In this exclusive original short film, journey back to school with Tiny Diamond as he tries to figure out how to be the cool kid and ‘fit in’.
- TROLLS DANCE ACADEMY – Compilation of How-To-Dance pieces from Dance Party Mode
- TROLLS WORLD TOURIST MAP – Cloud Guy provides a quick “tourist guide’s” view of the six realms that make up Trolls Kingdom.
- Trolls Village
- Lonesome Flats
- Vibe City
- Volcano Rock City
- Techno Reef
- DELETED SCENES WITH INTROS BY DIRECTOR WALT DOHRN, PRODUCER GINA SHAY AND CO-DIRECTOR DAVID P. SMITH*
- Cooper’s Destiny
- Let’s Go Save the World
- Bicycle Built for Two
- Meet the Bounty Hunters
- Making New Friends
- Cloud 9
- TROLLS PERFECT HARMONY – Hear from the star-studded cast of Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Anderson .Paak, George Clinton, Kunal Nayyar, James Corden and the filmmakers about the history of music featured in the film. From classical to country to rock, pop and techno, the cast and filmmakers reveal their favorite types of music.
- TROLLS WORLD TOUR BACKSTAGE* – A behind-the-scenes making of featurette showcases Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Rachel Bloom, Ron Funches, George Clinton, Mary J. Blige, Sam Rockwell and Kenan Thompson as some of the talent behind the Trolls and the process of bringing them to life.
- Opening Act
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR WALT DOHRN, PRODUCER GINA SHAY AND CO-DIRECTOR DAVID P. SMITH
* Exclusive to 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray & Digital
GENRE: Comedy, Animation, Adventure
RUNTIME: 1 hr 30 min
RELEASE DATE: July 7, 2020 on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital
- Acting-Voice Over: 8.5/10
- Entertainment: 9/10
- Story/Plot: 8/10
- Impression: 9.5/10
- Creativity: 9/10
- Bonus Features: 10/10